Not very many of my closest friends live in Conway with me. Since they love the Lord with all they are, a lot of friends are obeying His calling to live in different places. I have so many close friends that are serving the Lord in India (that's on the other side of the world, people!!) I have close friends in Oklahoma, Northwest AR, Little Rock, and Fort Worth, Texas. This makes fellowship and intimacy with friends difficult. This year, Allie (a friend and co-worker) and I have clung to God and each other so much more because there just aren't very many people here. God has taught me a lot this year as I live in Conway and grow closer to my friends through skype and the phone. Thank the Lord for technology!! Otherwise, it would be even more difficult to keep in touch.
Today, I'm grateful for the presence and closeness of Christ. He is with me here. He comforts me here. When I'm really missing my friends in India and I can't just call them, Christ comforts me. When I can't just laugh and cry over coffee with my friend in Texas (who also discipled me some in college), God comforts me. Thank you, God, for being a friend and always being close. Thank you, God, for giving me such incredible friends that I sometimes physically hurt because I miss them so much. God, you know me and you know what I need and you've provided. How faithful you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment