8.02.2012

It's a Daily Choice

Getting up early to spend time with the Lord instead of pressing snooze...it's a daily choice.
Working out when I really really really don't feel like it...it's a daily choice. 
Making a fruit smoothie instead of eating something chocolate...it's a daily choice. 
Cooking dinner at home instead of driving through a drive-thru on the way home...it's a daily choice. 
Loving people when they hurt you instead of getting frustrated/mad/angry/bitter...it's a daily choice.

I know I should have learned this lesson a long time ago but in the past couple of weeks it's really started hitting me. All decisions have to be made daily. I may fail one day but the next day is a new day and I have the chance to make the right choice. Today, I chose to get up early to be with the Lord. I chose to work out. I chose to eat at home. I chose to make a fruit smoothie. Tomorrow might be completely different. Selfishness or laziness might take over. But, it's okay because Saturday will be a new day. All I can do is make choices for the day I'm in. Good choices day after day after day will turn into good habits and long-lasting change. This is what I'm going for. 

Happy (almost) Friday! Remember, if you messed up today, tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment