10.31.2010

So Refreshing

       This weekend was wonderfully refreshing! I stayed in Conway Friday after staff meeting to have a sleepover with Allie!! Friday afternoon I just hung out at the Riners' while Allie had appointments with some students. That afternoon was very refreshing for me. I sat on the Riners' back porch which is one of my fave places ever. It's so peaceful and has a beautiful view. I spent time with God while being in the middle of His creation. It was glorious. I chose Search for Significance for my next book. The copy I have has a workbook in the back with some great thought-provoking questions for each chapter. Friday afternoon, I started this book and I think I'm really going to like it!
      Friday night, Allie and I went to MarketPlace with Kelsey :) love both of these girls! Dinner at MarketPlace was delish. After dinner we just laid around the house, watched TV, and Allie and I went to bed early so we could get lots of sleep. Saturday morning we went to breakfast together and then came back to the Riners'. We made some coffee and went to the back porch to spend some time with God. Another great period of time with God in His creation!! After that, we got ready and went tailgating at UCA Homecoming. After tailgating, watching the crowning, and hanging out, we went back to the Riners' to hang out and watch the rest of the game on TV. Saturday night, we went over to Adam and Merritt Hambrick's to play board games with a bunch of people. Let's just say I'm not that great at Battle of the Sexes or Trivial Pursuit but I definitely have fun with them! :)
      This weekend was one of the best I've had recently. I got to relax, hang out with some incredible people, be in a different place, and spend some wonderful time with my Maker. I love times like these. I hope that your weekend was also wonderful! If you don't go outside very often to spend time with God, I encourage you to try it. There is something about being in His creation while spending time with Him that makes that time extra sweet.


                                                Tailgating!

No comments:

Post a Comment