One of my best friends is engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tuesday, I got a Facebook message letting me know the day had come....Taylor would propose to Hayley Friday night and they wanted me there for the party. You better believe I made plans to drive to Fay Friday night! Pace, Allie, and I hit the road after work. When we got to the party, there were a million people there and a lot of waiting around, but it was a great time of catching up with Fay friends! Then, the time came, and they walked through the door! Her expression was priceless. Me and her best friend from high school were the first people she saw - it was great. I am thrilled for them!!!!!!!!!
 |
| She's engaged!!!!!!! |
 |
| Future Mr. and Mrs. Taylor Hall!!! |
|
The 5 hours in the car for only 3 hours of a party was totally worth it to celebrate such a happy night with such a wonderful friend! Friday night's trip to Fayetteville was the best one I've ever taken!!!
On an unrelated note, my brother is such a stud. He helps out at our church with lights and stage design, in his free time. This weekend, he was at the church for over 26 hours with 2 other guys preparing the auditorium for Christmas. He
voluntarily does this and he was up ALL night. Who does that?! My awesome, tech savvy, can do anything, servant hearted bro...that's who!
 |
| This picture doesn't even do it justice. There are Christmas lights all over the ceiling - over 1/2 a mile of them! (He was on the catwalk stringing them for hours). There are lights and decorations on stage too. |
|
I spent all yesterday evening doing laundry, cleaning, and packing. I was super productive but I'm still slightly overwhelmed. It was not easy getting out of bed this morning. When I sat down for my quiet time, I realized the only way things will get done well over the next month:
 |
| Bible, Prayer Journal, & Coffee |
God is the only way my to-do lists will be completed, everything will get done on time, and I'll have the energy to work for Him. I love knowing that truth. It's so comforting knowing I don't need to be overwhelmed or anxious because He is all that I need and He will make it all happen. I love resting in His promises.
No comments:
Post a Comment