5.22.2012

I Heart Weekends

I LOVE weekends. Whether it's a calm, lazy weekend around my apt or a weekend out of town for something, I love them! I love the fellowship it allows. I love the adventure. I love the events and special times. I even love the later nights which lead to later mornings and naps.

This past weekend I was in Tulsa, OK for one of my besties weddings!!!!! Oh my. It was such a fun weekend. I got there Thursday night to start on the festivities. We stayed up late watching movies & hanging out. Friday morning, the girls went to get our nails done & then headed to the Bridal Luncheon. Friday afternoon, we headed to the wedding site (also where we were staying for the weekend) and got settled in before rehearsal. The Rehearsal Dinner was a flippin'  blast!!! It was western themed so most people had on cowboy boots. Then, we square danced!!! Holy cow. What a fun time!! I loved it! After square dancing, the wedding party went to the hot tub/pool and hung out!

Saturday was WEDDING DAY! We decorated the ceremony site and reception site in the morning and then spent the afternoon getting ready and taking pics. The wedding was BEAUTIFUL! Everything was perfectly Taylor and Hayley and so sweet. The reception was fun and the site was so cute. After the bride & groom left, we cleaned up and did what anyone would do...went to QT. So fun!

Sunday, I met up with Laura at Utica Sqaure. We went to church, lunch with her fam, Mayfest, Blue Dome District fest, & headed to Tad and Emily's wedding at the Tulsa Rose Garden.

The weekend of weddings was a blast but less than 6 hours a sleep each night caught up to me! Yesterday was  a rough day at work and I needed lots of sleep last night. I still plan on going to bed early tonight too :) My body can only run off of adrenaline for so long.

I'm pumped for this weekend of relaxation ahead...3 days on the dock in the 90 degree weather with 0% chance of rain. I'll take it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment