6.17.2012
Back in the Kitchen
The above pics are a depiction of my Saturday...it was glorious. That was my plan for today too until my body decided it wanted to wake up the dizziest I've been in a long time. So, no sun & heat for me today :( but I did nap (twice) and plan meals for the week! (more on that later) So, it was an equally relaxing and enjoyable Sunday afternoon!
Now on to the main point of the post...the craziness of the past 2 months of my life (out of town ALL.THE.TIME) kept me from cooking. I've come to love cooking over the past 1.5 years of living on my own so 2 months without it is too long!! Well, I'm back! This afternoon, I spent a good 1.5 hours browsing pinterest & food websites for new ideas & recipes. I made my menu for the next 2 weeks and I'm heading to the store soon for this weeks list! I'm so so so excited to be back in kitchen! (my waistline and scale are also excited...)
Lifestyle update: The last 2 months led to little-no exercise and lots of fast food. The weight I lost....well, some of it has been found again. However, the next 6 months of my life look to be conducive to eating healthy and exercise. This girl is thrilled! I have 3 new Jillians I'm about to start (well, 1 at a time. Otherwise, I might die). I plan on nixing fast food and eating at home. I'm not going to cut out sweets or breads or drastic things like that. When I do that, I crave them. BAD. So, I'm going to eat fruits and veggies, drink water, practice portion control and smart eating...THIS will lead to a doable lifestyle change and to weight loss/control.
Also conducive to eating healthy & cooking at home is our new KROGER MARKETPLACE! Guys, if your town doesn't have one, visit Central Arkansas. We have 2 (1 in my town and 1 30 minutes away). LEGIT grocery store. The first few times you visit, your trip will be about 3 times as long as normal because you have to find where they put everything (oh, just me? whoops...) But, it's well worth it for all the items they offer and the huge produce section. And, I don't mind the long trips. I enjoy my wal-mart and grocery store trips. I know I'm weird for this but something about it is enjoyable to me!
I'll leave you with this weeks menu and I'll post updates later:
Breakfast:
Cereal or Crockpot Morning Casserole
Lunch:
Leftovers
PB&J (my new obsession for another post)
Salads - spinach leaves, strawberries, blueberries, sunflower seeds, etc
Dinner:
Shrimp & Pesto Pizza
Ranch Chicken Tacos w/salsa & guac
Double Crusted Honey Pork Chops w/brown rice & steamed broccoli
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment