With Sunday night being my first night in my apartment, Monday night was my grocery store night. Tuesday night, I had my first dinner guests!!! One of my best friends, Megan Bertin, and her husband, Nick, came over. I loved hosting friends and practicing hospitality! Can't wait to have more and more people over as I get into a routine. When I got home from work on Tuesday, I started dinner. We had fajitas, cheese dip, and homemade guacamole. Everything turned out really good. It was fun getting used to the timing of cooking and when to start what so that everything is ready on time. Dinner party #1=success.
 |
| Fajita Chicken with Peppers and Onions |
 |
| Homemade guac and cheese for cheese dip |
|
|
|
Wednesday, I made dinner for myself. Cameron told me about a recipe for Spinach and Ricotta Manicotti and it sounded great! So, I found the recipe online and made this Wednesday night. It was super easy and pretty quick! Not much prep - the cook time was the longest part. I didn't have all the spices it called for yet so I had to improvise a bit. It turned out a little bland, but now I know better for next time!
 |
| Manicotti and Salad |
Thursday night, Allie (co-worker and friend) and I headed over to our friend Sarah's house to cook and hang out! I was looking forward to this all week and it was so fun!!!! We made General Tao's Chicken (another recipe Cameron found - he is really good at finding recipes). After quite a bit of prep time (the recipe was a little hard to follow but we figured it out!), the chicken was ready! Let me tell you....this was a restaurant quality recipe! It was absolutely incredible - definitely a keeper! We talked over dinner and then Sarah got the urge to make scones (kind of like my cookie urge tonight). She made some blueberry scones and I am definitely getting the recipe from her. They were so great.
 |
| General Tao's Chicken over Rice |
Week 1 of apartment life has been better than I could have imagined. I've had some sweet times with the Lord in the mornings being grateful that He provided this place. I've had some great times of Bible study at night when I'm home alone. I'm excited for next week - I'm going to start working out and getting into a more normal routine. Looking forward to this journey!!
Playing house is fun!! I actually was thinking tonight about the first "meal" i made in our apartment. I remember feeling like each meal was a big deal that i had actually made it and i was in charge of feeding us. i thought about how far i've come from my all bland, yellow, starchy boxed meal i made that first weekend after our honeymoon :)
ReplyDelete