Before moving into my apartment, I often wondered what I would fill my time with and if I would get bored living by myself. I've found this is FAR from reality. I get home from work, cook dinner, do a couple things, and before I know it, it's time to get ready for bed. (I admit, I normally get in bed around 10:00 or 10:30.This is not when I go to sleep - I get in bed and read. I like to get in bed though because it helps me relax from the day and I fall asleep better.) Anyways, I'm finding that I don't have enough time to do the things I want to do at night. I know you're probably thinking, "go to bed later. duh!" Well, I can't do this. I like my sleep and I like to get up in the mornings to spend time with Jesus and not feel rushed getting ready. If I go to bed any later than 10:30, I will not want to get up when I should in the morning. Believe me, I've tried. Trial and error shows I need 7-7.5 hours of sleep. I've got it figured out. So, this week, my nighttime to-do list is chock full. I am going to push myself this week to get most of it accomplished (including working out every night (last week I failed at this) and still get in bed at my normal time. Last night, I did a pretty good job! After work, I ran 4 errands (including an oil change), cooked dinner, cleaned the kitchen, worked out, tanned, showered, and got in bed when I wanted to. Tonight will include, working out, cooking dinner, going to Wal-Mart and the dollar store, and a few other items from my list. This week, the implementation of true discipline is coming out full force.
[side note]: I'm a firm believer in the power of sleep. Our bodies need sleep to be refreshed and restored. I think sleep needs to be a discipline/habit that we put more emphasis on. Too many people have so much going on that they put sleep on the back burner. These people get sick more often and burned out quicker. Also, if God allows me to have kids one day, I know I won't get much sleep so I'm going to get it while I can!
i need my sleep, too!! somehow over the past month or 2, our bedtime has become more like midnight instead of 11 and i don't care for it! good for you for practicing discipline :)
ReplyDelete