![]() |
| Chocolate Chip Cookies for Chandler |
2.04.2011
Snowed in on Friday Night
As I type this, homemade cookies are in the oven :) This afternoon, I got off work around 1 because of the snow (it wasn't too bad but I knew it was going to get heavier and start to freeze). After about 5 hours inside, without a car, I got the urge to bake and cook. (Who am I?! It must be this goal of domesticity I have!). I called Chandler (he took my car because it's 4-wheel drive and he'll actually drive in this stuff!) to see if he would want to take me to Wal-Mart to get the necessary ingredients for cookies. He whole heartedly agreed (I told him I would make some for him too). [Side note: I like Wal-Mart SO much better than Kroger for some reason. This will be where I do most of my shopping.] I got home from Wal-Mart, ate dinner, and finished a movie then started the cookies. I am a messy baker! Batch 1 is finished and they look great! I used a pizza stone to bake them because I don't have cookie sheets yet. I've decided I like the way they cook on a pizza stone better than cookie sheets too - I highly recommend it! Instead of plain chocolate chip cookies, I decided to add some white chocolate chips and some butterscotch chips in there too. DELICIOUS! (I just ate one - SUCCESS!) So, my Friday night is spent at home, snowed in, with homemade cookies in the oven, and coffee in the coffeepot. I could get used to this apartment life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i grocery shop at walmart. they're SO much cheaper! their produce isn't always the greatest, but for the price, i'll take it!
ReplyDelete