3.31.2011
6 A.M.
A time I haven't seen in quite a while. On normal days, I set my alarm for 6:30. Even then, I'm pressing snooze until at least 7, most of the time, later. Not this morning....I woke up at 6:00 wide awake with full energy! I laid in bed for a few minutes thinking "I'll just lay here until 7 and see if I fall asleep again." Nope, God wasn't having it. He wanted me up! Normally, if I get up at or before my alarm, I'm falling asleep during my Quiet Time and end up taking a morning nap. Not today! Man, God is good! I had an incredibly sweet time with my Savior this morning and still feel energized. I guess this detox is working! Even last night, I was able to walk 1.3 miles, read, cook some roasted potatoes, eat dinner, and watch some TV. Then, I went to bed around 10:30 when my body was feeling tired. Today, on day 4, I'm realizing the effects of this detox - more energy, bad breath (that goes away soon!), freezing all the time(I read this is an effect because your metabolism is working so fast to get rid of toxins that it can't keep you warm?-maybe?), and fewer headaches. Don't worry, I'm still imperfect and quite selfish. I find myself wondering how much weight I might lose instead of thinking about how I can treat my body even better. This is a learning and growing experience. My prayer is that as I detox and cleanse my body, God would detox and cleanse my heart and mold me into more of His likeness. Would you join me in praying this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment