3.10.2011

Thought I'd Be Better....

When I started this venture, I thought I would be better at blogging. With my last post being February 17th, I have proven that I am not very consistent. So, when I do update, I'll try to make it interesting! :) Recently, I've been decently disciplined. I've definitely become more balanced. Instead of focusing everything on cooking, I've cooked a little less, worked out more, hung out more, read more, and gone to the store less.

I'm trying to work out consistently. My apt complex has an INCREDIBLE gym - tons of treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, weight machines - everything you would need to get in shape. Still, my heart's desire is to run outside during spring, so I'm hoping to get my joints strengthened to allow for this. (I have terrible joints due to genetics and cheerleading so jogging hurts. However, if I lose a bit of weight by other means first, it is more tolerable). I enjoy the elliptical and the weight machines. I also downloaded some 5-minute workouts on my phone - abs, butt, arms. The ab workout KILLS, but I can tell it's working - not by sight yet. First, I gotta get some of the extra skin off the top of my abs first :). I'm enjoying working out. I want to lose quite a few pounds and tone my muscles so I'm trying to get better/more consistent at working out, eating healthier (I'm eating lots of fruits and I'm down to 1 diet coke/day on most days), and I'm cutting out sweets. THIS IS HARD!!! I love me some cheesecake, froyo, brownies, cupcakes, and all!

Another discipline I'm focusing on is reading. In 2011, I've already completed Harry Potter 3, started and completed Harry Potter 4, and I'm a quarter of the way into Harry Potter 5. I've also completed a novelette (is there such thing?!) by Kay Arthur. And, last night I finished "A Busy Woman's Guide to Prayer." This book CHANGED MY LIFE!! This book does an incredible job of describing the power of prayer, the purpose of prayer, and of laying out practical ways to get better at praying and to pray even when busy. I have a brand new perspective on prayer and each day I find myself longing to talk to God throughout the day and bringing a lot more to Him than I used to. I highly recommend this book for every woman to read!
Tonight, I'm moving onto a new book. I am going to start "So Long Insecurity" by Beth Moore. I have heard wonderful reviews of this book and I'm excited to read it. I dont' necessarily struggle with daily insecurities but I know there are things I do that stem from insecurity and I'm just not aware of it. I'm excited to read and be freed.

I'd love to hear back from you what workouts you enjoy/how you stay in shape! I will probably adopt your ways to add variety to my routine. I also love book recommendations - feel free to leave some ideas in a comment! I would also love to pray for you - if you have any requests, email me at morgan.tedder@ymail.com and I'll add you to my prayer list.

Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment