3.21.2011

Super Girly

I used to be a nail biter. My nails were always short and rarely painted. Until last summer. While I was in India, 2 of my friends had beautiful, long nails and it inspired me to grow mine out and make them beautiful (thanks Hayley and Nicole!!). Since then, I've kept my nails long and I love them. Also starting last summer, I fell in love with nail polish! :) I've always liked painting my nails but couldn't do it in high school because of cheerleading or college because of Nursing School. Well, now I'm not a cheerleader or a practicing nurse, so I have them painted ALL the time! I repaint them in a different color about once a week and I love to try new colors. I'm not a picky brand person. I love the 99 cent small bottles at Sally's, the $2 NYC at Wal-Mart, and the $8 OPI. Today, I'm going to share with you my new favorite colors, my seasonal classics, and my randoms. Enjoy! :)

These are my fall/winter classics:
 From L to R: OPI You Don't Know Jacques!. Sally Hansen Red Zin, OPI Java Mauve-a.
 These are my summer classics. I wear them on my fingers or toes!!
 OPI Pink Flamenco (HOT pink!!) and Pure Ice Siren.
 This is a random winter color. I wouldn't call it one of my classics, but it's fun to wear every now and then. It's a dark, dark purple.
 Pure Ice Scandal.
 These are my random summer colors. I don't love them but every now and then I get the desire to wear them.
 From L to R: Love my Nails Flirty Pink (it's kind of corally and not as hot as OPI), Rimmel Tequila Sunrise (orange), and NYC 108A( it doesn't have a name! It's pale, pale pink).
 These are my new FAVES!!!
From L to R:  Sally Hansen Strobe Light. It's GLITTER! It's a clear polish with sparkly glitter so it can go over any base color. I LOVE it! Next, Sally Girl (it doesn't have a name). It's a neon purple (kind of hard to see in the pic). On the right, Sally Hansen Jade Jump. It's mint green! Very springy!!
 This is a must if you paint your nails often! I used to always mess mine up right after painting them (and if you're like me, it takes a while to paint them, so it's super frustrating to mess them up) but not with this stuff! Paint your nails, wait 1-2 minutes, put this on, they're dry in 30 seconds! And, it makes a great top coat so it helps from chipping and makes your nails shiny!
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry.
Lastly, I love this little tool I found recently! It has 4 sides. Side 1 evens out your nail bed. Side 2 smooths the nail bed. Side 3 buffs the nail and side 4 shines it. I use this every time I take my polish off, before I put on new polish. It helps make them smooth for the new color. And, if I choose not to repaint them right away, it makes my natural nail shiny!
Sorry this post was so long! I just love nail polish and painting my nails and being girly! Hope it brought out the girliness in you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment