6.10.2011

Healthy Update

I've still been working out but I've been running less. For some reason it's getting harder. That doesn't make sense to me. But, I'm still trying for it! I've been doing the elliptical and lifting lots of weights. I can already tell a huge difference! My muscles are more toned and stronger and I've already lost a couple of inches in my waist. I am loving going to the gym every night and walking/running outside. It's so refreshing! I've been waking up at 630 every day no matter what time I go to bed - it must be from the exercise and change in energy. Because of this, I'm going to add in a morning walk. I read that 2 small workouts a day is great to boost your metabolism so I'm going to try this out. I'm going to go for a slow walk in the mornings while listening to a sermon and then do a more hardcore workout at night.

I've been cooking every night to try to avoid fried foods. This week I've had wheat pancakes, homemade pizza (best ever!), fish with asparagus and salad, and a burger with baked fries. First off, burgers are my all time favorite food ever! Second off, the pizza concoction I came up with is incredible. For the sauce, I mix pesto and alfredo. I put chicken, tomato, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese as the toppings. SO GOOD!
I used to eat super unhealthy cereals and other breakfast foods but I've also switched that up too. I now eat 1 scrambled egg and 2 pieces of turkey bacon for breakfast. If I decide for cereal, I eat Honey Bunches of Oats. I think changing my breakfast food is helping a lot too - the protein holds me over to where I don't need a morning snack. ( I read an article about this too! :))
Just for fun, here is a pic of the most comfortable pants that are so fun! They're from India!
Have a great weekend! If you need me, you can find me poolside at my apt complex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment