I feel like there is a common theme out in blogger world right now.....a long hiatus with no motivation to restart because it's overwhelming. Well, I'm back (hopefully I'm back and more consistent!). A lot has happened over the past 2 months so I'll give you a recap.
I ended up doing the Daniel Fast/Diet for about 3 weeks. I welcomed back meat, dairy, coffee, and diet coke with wide open arms! Since I ended it, I've decided to get rid of diets and "forbidden foods" and just go with what my body feels. At this point, fried foods don't sound good (too heavy in this HEAT) and lighter, healthier foods do. So, I'll stick with what my body wants! (Sidenote: my body still wants sweets and I'm giving it what it wants in moderation!!)
I was in Tulsa at the end of April/start of May for April Staff Training. It was so great! I got to spend 5 days with StuMo staff and I loved it!! So many hours of incredible fellowship with people I don't get to see often. I love StuMo staff. I love Tulsa. After training, I stayed for a few days with Lane and Kel. Love them!
This spring, my apartment has been like a hotel - so fun! Ganson stayed with me for a few days while home on her visa run. Then, a few weeks later, Ang was home and she stayed with me! In mid-May, a few friends stayed with me over the weekend for a wedding. After that, Ellie (co-worker/friend) stayed with my for a few nights en route to Kaleo. Hospitality and guests are a goal for my apartment and it's happening! Love it!
2 weeks ago my family went floating the Caddo. All I'm going to say is.....I'm a city girl that likes nail polish, heels, and poofed hair.
Last weekend, I spent 3 days laying on the dock reading Harry Potter 6. Perfect memorial day weekend!
Yesterday, Christy and I headed up to Marshall for Macy and Zach's rehearsal dinner and wedding!!! SO FUN! Zach and Macy are such a cute couple and their wedding was so sweet. It was a cherished weekend with Kate, Macy, Brooke, and Christy as we stayed up late and caught up on life. I love these sweet friends so much! We will have a lifelong connection with each other because of our 3 years together in Nursing School.
I caught the bouquet today - I actually ran for it. I think this is the first time that's ever happened. haha. I didn't want it to hit the ground...so I ran...in my 4 inch, nude, platform heels. #lovemylife I've caught 2 bouquets in the past 8 months - does that mean anything? Should I catch 3 within a year for something to happen?
I'm taking up jogging and LOVING it! Fine, call me insane (Christy already has :). I'm going the route of jogging until I can't anymore. Wednesday, I jogged 3 minutes (yes, I'm out of shape). Thursday, I jogged 6 minutes. Today, I jogged 8 minutes. I've never been so refreshed and energized by jogging....this time it's just different. Again, I'm just doing what my body wants. I can feel the muscles relaxing and stress being released. By the end of the day, my body wants to go for a jog.
I bought gold nail polish today. I like it a lot :) Yep...I'm still obsessed with nail polish. I'll try to add pics of new colors soon (I've probably gotten 7 since that last post! In my defense-most were on sale for CHEAP).
Cameron and Andi's wedding is 5 weeks from today. Where did the time go? I'm a bridesmaid. We're wearing black dresses in the style of my choice. I'm going to borrow from a friend - she has a few different options. I'll def update with pics after the wedding!
I made my summer development schedule for reading. I'm excited about the variety of books I'm going to read and what I'm going to learn. I've had some sweet, sweet times with God over the past few days. It's been extremely refreshing, joyful, energizing, and transforming.
If you read all of that, you're a true friend :) If you didn't, you're still a true friend :) Now that we're recapped, I'll TRY to do a better job of updating. I'll also try to do a photo post soon of recent photo captures. Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment