4.02.2012

No Wedding Cake for Me

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in 30 straight days was successfully completed!! Woo hoo! Friday morning I woke up at 6:00 am & did my last sesh. It felt great to finish it!!

Friday afternoon, Allie & I headed up to Fay for Will & Heather's wedding! Friday night was a fun rehearsal & dinner and then a decently early-to-bed night. Finally, Saturday, the day had arrived! Allie & I arrived at the hotel for her to do hair & me to keep things on time. After the bride & bridesmaids left, Allie and I got ready and then headed to the barn to be ready for the festivities! The wedding was beautiful, the reception was fun, & they're now Mr. & Mrs.!!

Sunday, I had big plans of running and lifting weights and starting my April out with a workout bang. That is, until I threw up at the above wedding reception & ran 100.4 fever ALL DAY Sunday. Fever is no fun. Let me tell you. You can't get comfortable. You hurt all over. You just want to sleep. You can't eat. NO FUN. I didn't come into the office until 1ish today. My brain hurts & is super foggy & I can't concentrate on much & I'm skipping Perspectives tonight. I'm so grateful God kept me well until I finished the 30 Day Shred, so that I could complete it fully!!

The title of this post refers to the fact that I didn't eat wedding cake because of how sick I was. If you've been reading this blog long at all, you should know my love for sweets and that this is a big deal. Even today I kind of regret not eating at least a little bit of it! (that's how much I LOVE wedding cake). I also have been drinking Diet Coke since Saturday. When I'm sick, water is not appealing. I had to have some flavor. This April is def not starting off how I imagined it would with working out hardcore, staying with only water, & eating healthy...but God is in control and I'm just grateful to be feeling better & getting rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment