8.23.2011

Bittersweet

Today, one of my best friends moved overseas for 3 years. While I'm so proud of her obedience to our Father, I'm SO sad she's gone. I was blessed to get to go to the airport to spend some time with her and her family this morning. I really didn't think I would cry much because most of my friends live over there (story of my life), but I did. When I got to my car, I wept. I couldn't hold it in. As I was driving back to Conway, the tears just kept coming. The tears are a mixture of sorrow because she will live so far away and joy/proudness for the life she is living.


I met her her freshman year of college through her ex-boyfriend (yes, our Father uses random situations!!). That semester, I had just gotten back from my first summer project and I was asking our Father to bring a girl into my life to disciple. In November of that year, He placed her on my heart as a girl to pursue for this type of relationship. The Father was working in her heart and mine and He gave me the opportunity to start pouring into her spiritually. I recruited her to be in my d-group at the next summer project and she rejected me. He told me not to give up on her! I recruited her again the next summer and she came!!! After that, she started reaching girls in her sorority, went back as a D-Group Leader, and now she is moving overseas for 3 years. I'm so humbled to have been chosen to be a part of her spiritual life. I'm humbled that He chose me as one of many tools to cast vision for the nations into her life. Friend, thank you for being faithful and obedient to His voice! You're an inspiration to me!

I love you and I will miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment