9.06.2011

Labor Day Weekend

I think Labor Day weekend is my favorite 3-day holiday weekend of the year. Labor Day weekend brings with it fall, football, the start of a new semester, cooler weather, and freshness. I don't know why, but for me it breaks off summer and starts something new. And fall weather is so fresh and crisp that it just doubles the effect. My love for Labor Day weekend was no different this year!

It started off in Fayetteville with a Board Meeting on Friday. I got to go up Thursday night and spend time with a few friends! After a mere 2.5 hours of sleep, I started my long, 14-hour day of sitting. After the board meeting, I drove to LR, picked up Kenya (the adorable puppy pictured below) and headed to Hot Springs. I seriously spent over 14 hours SITTING DOWN on Friday - it wasn't extremely enjoyable. Once I got to HS, I ran around the driveway for a few minutes to loosen up a little. I'm too old to sit down that long! That night, it was just me, Cam, Andi, Nana, and Pawpaw hanging out. That was fun! I haven't hung out with Cam and Andi much since the wedding.

Kenya - precious puppy!

Normally when people go to the lake, they lay out, go out on a boat, etc. I didn't do that at all! I just relaxed, read, slept, and hung out. I'm kind of over laying out and getting tan (who would have thought I would have EVER said that?!?!) I think it's because it's just been SO hot. Anyway, Saturday, I slept in a little, spent some time with Jesus, played with Kenya, watched TV, and took a nap :) I also had some in.cred.ible cheesecake (my fave dessert) Saturday. Cam made some original cheesecake and brought leftovers to the lake. I took my piece and crafted a delicacy....I melted hot fudge & pb together (arguably the best food combo possible) and layered it between 2 small slices. Then, I broke up a reeses and put it on top. HEAVENLY.

That night, we watched the HOGS WIN! I'm so glad football is back-I love it! After the game, Chan, Cam, Andi, and I went to get froyo. I LOVE sibling time! Sunday was pretty much the same pattern as Saturday :) My cousins, aunt and uncle, and mom got to HS Sunday so we all hung out and grilled out for dinner. Burgers are one of my T5 fave foods. Monday morning, I slept in again, went to Bath and Body Works for their candle sale, then headed  back to Conway. I haven't spent a weekend at my apt in WAY too long so I needed some extended time at home. I went to the store, cooked some new recipes, and spent some much needed time relaxing in my home!

Parmesan Fish and Parmesan Asparagus
All of my foods over the next few weeks will be from pinterest! I love it! Monday night I made Parmesan Fish and Parmesan Asparagus for dinner. It was so good! The parmesan mixture made a cheesy layer on the fish and the parmesan added a nice crisp to the asparagus. I will definitely make this recipe again - it was quicky, easy, and delish! I also made mini-quiches Monday afternoon to eat for breakfast this week. I loaded them down with veggies - broccoli, mushrooms, red bell peppers, green bell peppers - to add to my daily veggie intake. I ate one this morning and it was really good! I paired it with a peach - yummy, healthy, filling breakfast!
Mini-Breakfast Quiches
Last week, I made Butter Chicken for dinner. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. It was a different variation of the Butter Chicken I had in India but it was still great!
I <3 Indian food.
This week's menu: Tomato-basil Alfredo Ravioli and Orange or Honey Chicken.
I might also be having some UofA friends stay with me Friday night before Saturday's LR game. If so, I'm sure we'll make a yummy pinterest dessert!

In honor of the cooler weather, I will be wearing cardigans and getting Pumpkin Spice Lattes this week. You should do that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment