9.14.2011

Promised Pinterest Recipes

As mentioned in this post, I had a menu full of Pinterest Recipes. I've made them and I'm here to report.

Tomato-Basil Alfredo Pasta:
This recipe was great! It can be found on my pinterest "entrees" board. I used the 'lighter' version that's listed in the comments  under the recipe, so there would be fewer calories. I also used 3-cheese tortellini instead of ravioli, but that was just a personal preference. This recipe was easy and quick! I will definitely make it again.
In the Pan
Serve with Parm Cheese
  Orange Chicken:
SO GOOD! I made this last night with a revised recipe. I'm trying to stay away from fried foods, so I baked the chicken. I put the chicken in a bowl with some olive oil, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. I mixed it together with my hands, until the chicken was coated with bread crumbs. I spread it out on a cookie sheet and baked at 375* for 12-15 minutes. While that was baking, I cooked some rice and made the orange sauce. This made a good amount - I have plenty of lefovers for lunch and dinner again (I love leftovers!).

I definitely recommend! (sorry my pics aren't great...)
Nutella Cupcakes:
These had mixed reviews. We would definitely revamp them for next time.
Changes: layer nutella on the bottom of the cupcake liner, put batter on top, then more nutella to stir in.
How to eat it: don't pick at it...just bite down top to bottom.
I would try these again with the changes. If the reviews don't change, I probably wouldn't make them again.
In the process of stirring in the nutella
 
Finished product (don't know why the pic is cut off...)

I probably won't cook anymore recipes until next week. The next few days and weekend plans are crazy so there won't be much cooking. But, I will report back soon with more reviews! The Bible Study I'm leading is starting up soon so I'll have definitely have dessert recipes to report weekly :)

Happy Pinterest Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment