9.14.2011

The Smells of Fall

I've officially transitioned to Fall. I've pulled out some cardigans, started shopping for boots, and put away my summer smelling candles and lotions. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned my obsession/love for lotions, perfumes, and candles...so now I will. I have more candles, perfumes, lotions, and body washes than is necessary, but I love to have options and different smells. I rarely wear the same perfume or lotion 2 days in a row. I switch smells out according to seasons.
Recently, Bath & Body Works had an incredible sale on their candles. So, I got 2 fall/winter smells and packed up my summer candles. I got Kitchen Spice (a blend of hazelnut, nutmeg, and other kitchen spices) and Cinnamon & Cloves (cinnamon is my all-time fave spice). They both smell incredible! If you're looking for cheaper options, Wal-Mart has some good smells at great prices. The candle below smells wonderful!
Mulled Cider candle from Wal-Mart
This week, I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte. I'll definitely be going back for more!
Nutmeg is another spice that makes me think of fall. This weekend, I made French Toast Muffins (the recipe is on my pinterest 'breakfast' board) for the girls that stayed with me Friday night. They had a hint of nutmeg in them and they tasted wonderful! They were light, airy, cinnamon-y, and nutmeg-y. 4 out of 4 approved the recipe!

Fall is slowly making it's way up my seasons list and it just might overtake summer....

1 comment:

  1. yummy!! i LOVE all things fall, too! i use the scentsy system through the house and got a couple new scents last week (sugar cookie and pumplin marshmellow) that i'm super excited about. i also need to hit up bath and body works cuz my supply is low :)

    ReplyDelete