11.29.2011

The Calm Before the Storm

The short, but sweet, 4-day Thanksgiving break was the perfect way to end the calm before the storm. Thursday, we spent a few hours in Bryant with my dad's side of the fam. They haven't done a full Thanksgiving in a few years so it was great to hang out and enjoy LOTS of great food! (esp my aunt's ridiculously amazing chocolate pie) Once we'd stuffed ourselves and spent some great fellowship time together, Chan and I headed down to Hot Springs to spend the rest of the break. There is something about my grandparents' house that is extremely relaxing. Seriously, I can stay up until midnight by myself at my apt easily...but at their place, I'm struggling to stay up past 10. I'm not complaining at all! I'm just saying it's a weird phenomenon. Thursday night and Friday  morning, it was just my gparents, mom, Chan & me. Cam and Andi did Thanksgiving with her mom and then did Black Friday [side note: I refuse to participate in the stressful, crazy, extreme, exhausting, ridiculous event that is Black Friday]. We won't mention how Friday afternoon was spent (Let's just say my fam wasn't a fan of my screams of joy in the first 1.5 quarters, they didn't protest the nap I took in the 4th quarter, and I woke up disappointed). I still love my Hogs and I'm so proud of the #3 ranking we had for 5 days! Saturday, we lounged and Nana and I cooked for our wonderful Thanksgiving feast that we had Saturday night.

I love my family. We laugh. We joke. We love the Lord. We eat. We love. We care for each other.

Monday morning I woke up 2 minutes before my alarm with my brain going 90-to-nothing. Last night, I couldn't fall asleep before 12, woke up from 2-3:30, and up again at 6:30. It's officially the season of to-do lists, work events, non-stop brain, no sleep, and lots of fun! I say "bring it on!"Even though I will have lots of 14-18 hour work days in the next month, I am extremely grateful for my job and I wouldn't trade what I do for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment