2.14.2012

Oh Valentine's Day

The day of love. The day of flowers. The day of chocolates. The day of cards. The day of balloons. The day you're made aware of your singleness. The day you want to rebel and wear black instead of red & pink (oh, that's just me?) Seriously though, for those of us who God has chosen to keep single thus far, this is not the best of days. Our culture creates this into a big ordeal and a super special day that leaves single girls (and maybe guys) feeling left out, sad, lonely, and unvalued.

while I don't feel alone, I do agree that v-day is no different than any other day. every day is a gift from God and a day that I'm loved and valued by Him!
I am loved by my family, friends, and most importantly, the King of the Universe! 
God has graciously given me a new perspective this year. Instead of feeling sorry for myself and wondering why I'm single (again) this year, I am choosing to bask in the love my Father has for me! And you know what? He loves me everyday! Not just on this corporate, cultural holiday. And, my future husband will love my everyday and will show me how much he loves me on many more days than just February 14th! So, tonight, instead of renting a chick-flick, eating lots of chocolate, and crying because I'm single (I may or may not have had a few breakdowns over the years), I'll spend some time with my one true love, my maker, and my first husband, while eating chocolate (I'm still a fan of chocolate!). I'll also spend some time praying for my future "Valentine" - praying for his walk with God, his ability to love me, my ability to love him, our marriage, etc. Why not spend my single v-days praying for the man I'll spend many v-days with in the future?

Happy Valentine's Day! I love you! More importantly, God loves you!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment