In the past year, I've been pretty fickle about exercising and eating better. Last March/April you can recall the Daniel Diet/Fast/Cleanse. Last September I read a book that I swore would make me change. Somewhere in the middle of that, I picked up running and just knew I'd stick with it this time. Welp...none of that stuck.
BUT....this time I really am more motivated and really want to make the lifestyle change to healthier living and becoming more fit. For the past few weeks, I've been eating fruits and vegetables every day. I've been staying away from fast food as much as possible. I'm cutting out diet coke and only drinking my morning coffee and 8-10 glasses of water a day. I'm counting calories and trying to stick to my daily allotted calorie amount. (The app "MyFitnessPal" has been a huge help in this!)
I haven't made time to exercise more than 3-4 days a week, but I can already tell a difference by the diet change! My clothes are fitting better (looser), I've lost a few pounds, and I'm not craving the unhealthy foods I used to eat so much of. I'm craving fruit. I'm looking forward to going home and cooking foods that incorporate spinach and feta cheese and tomatoes. I crave water and can tell when I haven't had enough. I'm on the road to better living and I'm excited about it!
My goal is to have a healthier, fitter body and a lifestyle change by my 25th birthday in 6 months! (which follows through with these goals I set.) I'll keep you updated on the changes! You can help me by asking God to keep me disciplined and help me follow through with this! A huge reason I'm striving for this is to treat His temple better and become healthier so I can live a longer life making His name known!
No comments:
Post a Comment