2.09.2012

Thriller Thursday

Honestly, nothing about today is extra-thrilling.... Today's been hard. I'm trying to be more disciplined in EVERY area of life so I've been setting my alarm for 6 and not letting myself press snooze (easier than I thought...most days). Well, today, it went off, I sat up, and my head was THROBBING. I don't know why. So, I made some toast, took some advil, drank some sprite, and went back to bed. I was sad because I've been enjoying my quiet times in the morning. But, I couldn't even sit up...much less joyfully read the Word and discern what God was telling me. So, my alarm went off again at 8. My head was not throbbing as bad so I showered, pushed through, and came to work. My head is still aching. Work is happening. I'm answering emails. I'm prepping for a weekend of out-of-town trainings. I'm listening to some quiet pandora country. I'm drinking my water and munching on pretzels. I'm looking forward to 501 while praying this headache goes away.

But...in the midst of this pain and annoyance...I'm grateful God took away the intense throbbing. I'm grateful God allowed for the creation of advil and He's given me the resources to buy it. I'm grateful that He loves me even though I physically couldn't spend time with Him first thing this morning. I'm grateful He hears my cries for healing. I'm grateful for the job I get to come to, even if it's hard to work with this headache. In all of this, God is with me, He's listening, and His plan is active. That's what He's been teaching me recently. When I ask for something, He hears and He will answer. When I meet with Him in the mornings, He is there to meet with me and teach me. He wants me to grow. He wants me to learn. He wants to stretch and challenge me. He is the King of the Universe and He still chose me. I'm humbled. I'm grateful. I'm undeserving. I'm in awe of my King, my Father, my God.

Thanks for letting me be transparent today. Sometimes, life is just hard. I know a headache is menial compared to thousands of other things I could be going through. But, for me, it's here, it's hard, and God is using it to teach me. Happy Thursday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment